Home Health Care
Home » Services » Post-Acute Care » Home Health Care
- Home Health Care offers a wide range of services including wound care, intravenous (IV) therapy, physical, occupation or speech therapy, and monitoring of serious illness or unstable health status all within the comfort of home.
- In-home services are usually less expensive, more convenient than and just as effective as hospital or skilled nursing facility care, and are most likely covered by the patient’s health insurance.
- Only homebound patients qualify for insurance-paid home health services. Homebound means: leaving home is not recommended or it takes a considerable effort to leave home due to patient’s condition; patient may leave home for medical care or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons such as attending religious and special events, hair appointments, etc.
- For more information about Home Health Agencies, visit: CMS: Home Health Compare.
- For a list of Preferred Primary Care Physicians Preferred Home Health agencies, click here.